Monday, January 16, 2012

Wooden Frame (2)

This past weekend I was able to get in the garage and make the necessary cuts for the top ring of my Senna Frame. With everything to be cut away already laid out it was just a matter of setting the router to the correct depth and taking my time. 
Top Ring after routing
I was satisfied with the end results. Here is a pic of the top ring with the rest of the frame.

Senna Frame with top ring
It looked pretty good but I am having problems with the two upper quarter ring pieces on the front of the frame. They are causing some serious stress and buckling and and won't allow the frame to come together nicely. I'm not too worried about that though. I can do one of two things to correct that: 1) adjust the notches so the stress is reduced or 2) remeasure and cut out two new quarter rings. I will try #1 first and if that doesn't go too well then I will find some scraps that I kept and recut the pieces. Tasks for another day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment