Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cylinder Holders

Well, I said I made good progress today and I didn't lie. I was also able to cut out the 2 cylinder holders for the outer legs. I had plenty of scraps lying around so I chose a .75" piece of plywood that I would be able to get both pieces out of. I used my router table to cut the small arcs and then my table saw to cut the length of the piece.

The uncut Cylinder Holders (upper top left) after Routing the arcs

Since the scrap piece of wood I was using was round I needed to create a flat edge to run along the table saw fence to ensure a good straight cut.

Cylinder Holder Straight Cut
And here is the end result after the cut was made

Ankle Cylinder Holder
Now, this piece sits flush up against the ankle cylinders so I still need to sand the bottom of the cylinder holder so that I can get a good clean fit. I originally hoped I could find a core box router bit large enough to achieve the clean fit but I could not find one that has a radius cut of .6875". I figured it was a long shot but had to try anyway. So as I mentioned earlier I will just need to sand it by hand. But that is a job for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment