Thursday, January 12, 2012

Center Vents

On the front of R2 there are 2 vent like areas which have been aptly named, the Upper and Lower Center Vents. Tonight, I finished putting the lower center vent together.
Assembled Lower Center Vent
I purchased the pieces for the vent from a fellow builder a few years ago but for some reason just had not gotten around to putting them together. Although the pieces for the vent are meant to fit together it does take some work to get them to fit properly. Over the last few days, I've had to sand down the edges of the of the internal pieces until they fit just right. Once I got the proper fit, I polished the aluminum sides to a nice shine and  secured them together using a Loctite epoxy for metals.

I also started to work on the Upper Center Vent. This one appears to fit quite nicely without any sanding so I polished up the parts and started to glue them together.

Unassembled Upper Center Vent
I hope to finish the Upper Vent tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment