Friday, April 6, 2012

Frame Work and Painting

I finally got back to adjusting my frame. In an earlier post I mentioned that the quarter rings in the front of the frame were causing tension in the frame and wouldn't line up correctly. I took the frame apart and compared the positions of the cuts on the quarter ring to that of the middle ring and saw what needed to be done to correct the problem. So I pulled out the band saw and made a few cuts and voila! things looked good.
Frame with corrected quarter rings
Along with fixing the frame I also primed the bottom of the bottom ring since it will be visible to the outside world.
Bottom Ring Primed
I was also able to get the ankle wedges and cylinder holders primed and painted
Ankle Wedges Painted
Cylinder Holders Painted
I can't wait to be able to start putting a lot of this stuff together. It gets to be a little frustrating to do all this work and still not be able to see anything substantial yet. Need to keep going and keep my eye on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment